Thomas Bendel, a Berlin-based architect, is widely known for his unbearable talent to create bespoke clean minimalistic spaces. Observing constructions he designed the sight of an attentive viewer will slide on a clean surfaces that hide a value of a craftsmanship and a story behind. Since establishing his own studio in 1999, Thomas has been completing projects within a wide range of architecture and was awarded in several competitions. His projects gap the bridge between historical artefacts and temporary style, between architecture and interior design and the social human integration into privacy and publicity.
Being inspired by Thomas’s vision and perception of spaces we interviewed him for the Third issue of Thisispaper printed magazine. Thomas shared his principles on approach to projects, materials and design and how it is to be a Berliner nowadays.
But there is time for work and time for leisure and it's always intriguing what inspires the creator on the other field of life, what makes him who he is as a personality. So we decided to ask Thomas to share with us the music the is into lately and were quite surprised to find out deep very lyric and touching musical story. And we invite you to enjoy it with us.
In the cover photo:Haus Bold Photographer:Nina Baisch
1. Scott Matthew - There’s a place in hell for me and my friends
2. Scott Matthew - Community
3. Sviatoslav Richter - Suite No.2 in F Major, HWV 427
3. Andrei Gavrilov - Suite No.2 in F Major, HWV 427
4. The Notwist - One step inside doesn’t mean you understand
5. Depeche Mode - World in my eyes - Mode to joy
6. Divine - Native Love (Step by Step)
7. The Knife - Pass on this
8. The Knife - Marble House
9. New Order - 1963
10. The Smith - Heaven knows I’m miserable now
11. Anne Clark - Sleeper in Metropolis
12. Tracy Chapman - Our bright future
13. Tracy Chapman - Baby can I hold you